CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Triple Peanut Butter Cookies


Last night, after the girls had gone to bed, I was able to catch the last half of a Celtic Woman concert on PBS.  I've never been able to catch it when it was on so I was grateful that I at least got to see part of it.  Wish I could see them live.  Maybe someday in the future.  Afterwards they did a Yanni special.  Of course I told my dad about it.  He is a big Yanni fan.  

I remember listening to him when I was younger.  One song in particular.  "Reflections of Passion".  When ever my dad would play the music video or the concert he had on tape and this song came on, I would dance across our dining room like a ballerina like in the music video.  It is such a beautiful song.  You can hear it here.

Anyways when I saw Yanni last night I was disappointed.  I haven't seen him in probably 10 years.  See, he used to have long black hair with a thick mustache.  I personally like the shorter hair and the only facial hair I like is a goatee.  But I liked it on him.  Not to many people can rock the long hair and mustache and look good while doing it.  Yanni did look good in it.  It was like a trademark.  You knew immediately who he was.  Now, he has shorter hair and no facial hair.  He just blends in with the crowd.  Makes me sad.



Anyways on to things that make me happy.  And not just me, my entire family.
I don't much care for peanut butter all that much but these cookies are delicious.  Soft and chewy, with peanut butter being delivered 3 different ways.      This is a favorite not only with my husband (Who is in love with peanut butter), but with my children (who will only eat peanut butter in this cookie) and my parents and sisters (Yes mom, I put some aside for you.)

Triple Peanut Butter Cookies

1 Cup Butter Flavored Shortening
1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1 Cup White Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1/4 Cup Milk
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt 
10 oz Bag Peanut Butter Chips
10 oz Bag Baking Reese's Pieces

In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter, and both sugars until light and fluffy.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Beat in milk and vanilla.  In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt and whisk together.  Gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.  Mix in peanut butter chips and Reese's pieces.

Roll into 1 inch balls or use a cookie scoop.  Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.  Bake at 375 Degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.  Let cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes.  Remove to wire cooling racks to cool completely.  Store in an air tight container.




Recipe Linked to: 






Share


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy and she saved some for me, I can't wait! When I was growing up peanut butter cookies weren't all that good, but these are the best.

Love Mom

Lisa said...

I believe that you can never have too much peanut butter flavor in a peanut butter cookie. All of your mix-ins just make it that much better.

carolinaheartstrings said...

Those look wonderful. I love everything you mixed into those cookies. YUM.

Post a Comment