CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 4, 2011

Salisbury Steak


I made this using 2 different recipes I found at Mommy's Kitchen.  I didn't use a gravy mix because I don't normally have them in the house so I just made gravy old fashion style.  This is completely made in the skillet and I only used 1 lb of ground beef, 2 is way too much for my family and I have been trimming recipes that use 2lbs of ground beef to save on money and waste.

Salisbury Steak
adapted from Mommy's Kitchen Recipe 1 and Recipe 2

1 lb ground beef
2 1/2 Tbsp Onion Soup Mix
1/3 Cup Bread Crumbs
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1 egg
3 Cups Beef Broth
3 Tbsp Flour

Mix Ground Beef, soup mix, bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper.  Form small patties and brown on both sides in a large skillet.  Remove to paper towel lined plate.  Do not pour off grease.  Add flour to grease and cook and stir to form a brown paste.  Add beef broth and cook until thickened.  Add patties back to gravy and cook for 5-10 minutes.  Serve with mashed potatoes, rice or egg noodles.




Share


0 comments:

Post a Comment