CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 7, 2011

Company Carrots



My husband comes from a very Irish family and they really enjoy their potatoes. Fried potatoes, hash-browns, French fries, baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, etc. Perhaps stereotypical, but that's what he claim is the reason for his potato obsession..."I'm Irish". While I throughly enjoy potatoes as much as the next, I like some variety and would like for my family to eat more vegetables and fruits. One of my New Year's Resolutions was to find and make more veggie and fruit side dishes that weren't plain Jane, were easy to make, and something everyone would enjoy.


I came across the recipe in some of my grandmother's old magazine clippings. This was extremely easy to make.  It smelt amazing while it was cooking and was soft and tasted great.


Company Carrots

1 lb bag of baby carrots
1/4 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Butter or Margarine, quartered
1 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp Salt

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.  Place carrots in an un-greased baking dish.  Add water and dot with butter.  Sprinkle with oregano and salt.  Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour and 15 minute, until tender.




Recipe Linked to:




Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment