CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Donut Muffins


Well, it's been over a week since my last post.  I have been absent for various reason.  I have been doing a lot of spring cleaning, which I haven't even made a dent in what I want to get done, but I will get there.  Second of all, I have had a few flops in the kitchen, trying to perfect some recipes for my family.  Last of all, my camera broke, but I was able to then upgrade from my cheap point and shoot to a big girl camera, a Nikon D3000.  I am like a child on Christmas morning, I absolutely love it! I am still figuring out how to use it, but am having fun doing it.


These donut muffins, are one of the recipes I had learned in high school home-ec classes.  I took every cooking class available to me in school.  Although looking back, I have to say I was a little disappointed.  While I can understand only being able to cook once in awhile due to budgets, I had to learn an awful lot on my own, when getting my own place.  Even simple things, like making potatoes or how to cook even ground beef.  I think there is a lot of basic things they could be teaching in high school cooking classes to get teens ready for the real world (for schools that even still have that option).  A few those classes were just glorified health classes most of the semester, working out of a textbook.



Anyways on to these gems.  These are absolutely delicious.

Donut Muffins

2/3 Cup Shortening
1 Cup Sugar
3 Cups All Purpose Flour
3 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
2 Eggs
1 Cup Milk
1 stick Margarine or Butter, Melted
3/4 Cups Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a large bowl, cream together shortening and sugar.  Meanwhile in a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.  Add eggs to creamed mixture, mixing well.  Alternating, add flour and milk to mixture, mixing well after each addition.  Grease some muffin pans (makes 12-16) and fill 2/3 full.  Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.  Remove from pans and let cool.  In a bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon.  Roll muffins in butter and then again in the cinnamon sugar.  Enjoy the cinnamon sugar goodness.










0 comments:

Post a Comment