CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 3, 2011

My first post and Ilene's Goulash

Hi there, and welcome to my first post.  I have always loved to cook and try new things.  I enjoy cooking for others and sharing my goodies with everyone. Sharing is Caring!  When I first started cooking for my family this is one of the first recipes that I made, receiving it from my dear mother-in-law Ilene.


What is Goulash? 
Goulash is a soup or stew that originated in Hungary, made up of beef and vegetables.  In America the addition of pasta has been very common.

Goulash is my hubby's absolute favorite meal and something him and my brother -in-law (who visits frequently) grew up on.  So it was only right that I learned how to make it. This recipe is EXTREMELY easy and one of the few meals my little picky monsters will eat.




1 lb Ground Beef
46 oz Tomato Juice
1/4 tsp - 1/2 tsp Seasoning Salt
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
16 oz box of Elbow Macaroni

In a large pot cook elbow macaroni and directed on box.  Meanwhile in a dutch oven or another large pot cook your ground beef until browned.  While the beef is cooking, season with onion powder and seasoning salt, to your taste.  After the meat is done, drain fat.  Add the tomato juice to meat and season with some salt and pepper.  Stir and simmer until pasta is done.  Drain macaroni and add to the meat and tomato juice.  Serve with garlic bread and enjoy!


Printable Recipe

Recipe linked to:
A Southern Fairytale



Share

1 comments:

MrsJenB said...

Yum! I love goulash! I can see why it's your hubby's favorite.

Welcome to blogging - glad you linked up to Mouthwatering Monday so I could find you here!

Post a Comment