CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 24, 2011

Corn Casserole


Over the holidays I had a hankering for corn casserole.  I love this stuff.  I didn't have any creamed corn or corn bread mix on hand so I went on a search for an easy recipe I could make from scratch.  I came across this recipe and thought I would give it a whirl.  This was amazing and so easy to make.  The original recipe called for a 9x13 in pan but I halved it to fit into this nifty ceramic pie plate I got from my momma.


These plates were actually a 4 set that my grandma and momma bought years ago.  Over the years my mom's 2 plates had broke and my grandma gave her the plates she had.  These are the 2 remaining plates.  Watkins Chicken Pot Pie, and Cherry Pie


(the name of my old blog is still in these pictures)

Corn Casserole
adapted from Lizzygoesdutch

1 egg whisked
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
1/4 Cup Butter or Margarine, Melted
1 Tbsp Oil
1 15 oz Can Whole Kernel Sweet Corn
1/3 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/4 Cup Corn Meal
1 1/2 Tbsp Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/8 tsp Salt

Mix together the egg, sour cream, butter, oil, heavy cream and corn.  In a separate bowl, mix together flour, corn meal, sugar, baking powder and salt.  Combine the two.  Pour into a greased pie plate and  top with small dabs of butter, about 2-3 Tbsp.  Bake at 350 degrees F.  for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown and middle is set.

Can be doubled and baked in a 9x13 inch pan.




Recipe Linked to:



Share

4 comments:

Samantha said...

This sounds good, I will have to try it soon, my family loves anything with corn. Thanks for sharing !!

Anonymous said...

Made this tonight, was very good. Even went back for seconds.
Mom

Tammy said...

I had the set but when i got shot someone stole them from my house. Your so lucky to have them. i just bought the apple pecan strawberry cherry and Quiche. looking for cheesecake , Blue berry and Chicken pot pie

Gia W said...

Grreat post thank you

Post a Comment